So, let’s first make nice homemade peanut butter
You just need to have some sort of food processor or blender.
Buy 0.60 lb of blanched, unsalted peanuts and place in blender with half a teaspoon of salt. Voila!
You’ll get really great homemade peanut butter, but the process takes a good 10 minutes. Just be patient, when it becomes creamy you’ll know it’s ready. You can make almond butter too following the same process, but almonds must be peeled.
- 0.40 lb of butter / margarine
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla flavoring (or vanilla sugar)
- 3/4 cup of peanut butter
- 2 cups of flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 chocolate chopped into small pieces (optional, but it makes cookies much better)
- First, mix the sugar and butter at the fastest rate for some 2 - 3 minutes until the mixture becomes fluffy. Add peanut butter, egg and vanilla.
- Mix it again and then add the flour (mixed with baking soda before) and mix it until the mixture becomes smooth. At the end add a pieces of chocolate to the mixture.
- Shape balls that you can push once with a fork and then a second time transversely, like a plus sign. This is the typical appearance of the cookies with the "criss cross" pattern.
- Or the other way would be to shape them to a thickness of, say, one centimeter or a little less.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.