Homemade Speculaas Cookies
Write a review
- 0.55 lb of flour
- 0.33 lb of sugar
- 0.22 lb of butter
- 0.11 lb of ground almonds
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon of cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon of ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 lemon ( peel )
- Twice sift flour, baking powder and spices.
- In another bowl, mix the butter and sugar, and add the egg and lemon peel to the mixture.
- Gradually and alternately add mix of flour and spices and almonds.
- Knead into smooth dough, then wrap it in stretch film and leave in the fridge for an hour (or longer).
- Roll out dough to get about 0.5 cm thick, shape the cookies and bake them in a pre-heated oven at 347 degrees for 10-15 min.
Woman Central http://www.womancentral.net/